Sunday, May 24, 2020

Download Books The Drowning of Arthur Braxton Online Free

Point Books In Favor Of The Drowning of Arthur Braxton

Edition Language: English
Download Books The Drowning of Arthur Braxton  Online Free
The Drowning of Arthur Braxton Kindle Edition | Pages: 385 pages
Rating: 3.9 | 1646 Users | 209 Reviews

List Regarding Books The Drowning of Arthur Braxton

Title:The Drowning of Arthur Braxton
Author:Caroline Smailes
Book Format:Kindle Edition
Book Edition:Special Edition
Pages:Pages: 385 pages
Published:April 11th 2013 by The Friday Project (first published April 1st 2013)
Categories:Contemporary. Fiction. Fantasy. Young Adult. Literary Fiction. Young Adult Contemporary. Literature

Relation Concering Books The Drowning of Arthur Braxton

An urban fairy tale from the acclaimed author of 99 Reasons Why.

Arthur Braxton runs away from school.

He hides out in an abandoned building, an old Edwardian bathhouse.

He discovers a naked woman swimming in the pool.

From this point on, nothing will ever be the same.

The Drowning of Arthur Braxton is an unflinching account of the pain and trauma of adolescence and of how first love can transform the most unhappy of lives into something miraculous. It is a dark and brooding modern fairy tale from one of our most gifted writers.

Rating Regarding Books The Drowning of Arthur Braxton
Ratings: 3.9 From 1646 Users | 209 Reviews

Rate Regarding Books The Drowning of Arthur Braxton
Im between three and four stars. This was one weird book. But I kind of liked it. Actually Im at a total loss, Im going to have to think about it and mambo dogface for the banana patch.....

Okay so I originally picked up this book based purely on the fact that I'd seen Carrie Fletcher mentioning it on youtube and I thought the cover was gorgeous and it looked really dark and mysterious (don't think I even watched the review at the time, just ordered the book based on the cover cause I'm vain lol), so I had not read the blurb, I didn't know what genre this was, I had basically no expectations from this book at all. So this pleasantly surprised me in all ways possible and I can say

This book has helped me gain a new perspective on life and for that, I thank you Arthur Braxton.No doubt, it features some mature themes (rape, suicide, coerced sex) but at the heart of the story is about a boy dealing with adolescence, first love and heartache. A dark and gritty modern fairytale that takes the reader on an emotional roller coaster.No amount of words will do this beautiful story justice so I will just say one thing: READ IT!

Modern day tales of the complexities within dysfunctional families - the realities of love, life, death and sex - are entwined with the myths of ancient Greece in a story of love, loss, betrayal and redemption.

In the introduction written by a youtuber I do not watch he says that "Your life's about to be changed forever. READ! THIS! BOOK!" Naturally, I had high hopes for this book and was ready to be proper blown away.That didn't happen. This story was not at all what I expected (which is not inherently bad), but overall this book just proper disappointed me. I did like the first chapter of the story which focused on Laurel (view spoiler)[(although that did change quite quickly when Martin kept

The Oracle is an old bathhouse in a northern seaside town, believed by the locals to have magical properties. Three 'water-healers' work there, and the book opens with the narrative of a teenage girl named Laurel, who has been employed there as an assistant-cum-receptionist. Some years later, a boy called Arthur Braxton breaks into the building - now dilapidated - while attempting to escape from a group of classmates who are bullying him, and meets a beautiful girl who is swimming in one of the

This book has helped me gain a new perspective on life and for that, I thank you Arthur Braxton.No doubt, it features some mature themes (rape, suicide, coerced sex) but at the heart of the story is about a boy dealing with adolescence, first love and heartache. A dark and gritty modern fairytale that takes the reader on an emotional roller coaster.No amount of words will do this beautiful story justice so I will just say one thing: READ IT!

0 comments:

Post a Comment