Monday, May 18, 2020

Download Elric of Melniboné (The Elric Saga #1) Free Books Full Version

Download Elric of Melniboné (The Elric Saga #1) Free Books Full Version
Elric of Melniboné (The Elric Saga #1) Mass Market Paperback | Pages: 181 pages
Rating: 3.89 | 22362 Users | 911 Reviews

Itemize Books Conducive To Elric of Melniboné (The Elric Saga #1)

Original Title: Elric of Melniboné
ISBN: 0441203981 (ISBN13: 9780441203987)
Edition Language: English
Series: The Elric Saga #1, Elric Chronological Order #1, The Eternal Champion Sequence #5.1 , more
Characters: Cymoril, Elric of Melniboné, Yyrkoon, Rackhir
Setting: Melniboné

Rendition During Books Elric of Melniboné (The Elric Saga #1)

Elric of Melniboné is a requisite title in the hard fantasy canon, a book no fantasy fan should leave unread. Author Michael Moorcock, already a major player in science fiction, cemented his position in the fantasy pantheon with the five-book Elric saga, of which Elric of Melniboné is the first installment. The book's namesake, the brooding albino emperor of the dying nation of Melniboné, is a sort of Superman for Goths, truly an archetype of the genre.

The youthful Elric is a cynical and melancholy king, heir to a nation whose 100,000-year rule of the world ended less than 500 years hence. More interested in brooding contemplation than holding the throne, Elric is a reluctant ruler, but he also realizes that no other worthy successor exists and the survival of his once-powerful, decadent nation depends on him alone. Elric's nefarious, brutish cousin Yrkoon has no patience for his physically weak kinsman, and he plots constantly to seize Elric's throne, usually over his dead body. Elric of Melniboné follows Yrkoon's scheming, reaching its climax in a battle between Elric and Yrkoon with the demonic runeblades Stormbringer and Mournblade. In this battle, Elric gains control of the soul-stealing Stormbringer, an event that proves pivotal to the Elric saga. --Paul Hughes

Point About Books Elric of Melniboné (The Elric Saga #1)

Title:Elric of Melniboné (The Elric Saga #1)
Author:Michael Moorcock
Book Format:Mass Market Paperback
Book Edition:Deluxe Edition
Pages:Pages: 181 pages
Published:July 15th 1987 by Ace Books (first published 1972)
Categories:Fantasy. Fiction. Heroic Fantasy. Sword and Sorcery. Science Fiction Fantasy. Epic Fantasy. Dark Fantasy

Rating About Books Elric of Melniboné (The Elric Saga #1)
Ratings: 3.89 From 22362 Users | 911 Reviews

Rate About Books Elric of Melniboné (The Elric Saga #1)
I read this edition years ago. I loved it. I have also reviewed the omnibus volumes that came out recently. While I like some Elric stories better than others I believe "he" (this character, you know "Elric") holds a special place in the annals of fantasy characters. Or maybe I should say tragic fantasy characters. I just noted this review and thought I'd add this to my earlier comments. There was a time when (back in the '70s and '80s) when the Eternal Champion books were a "must read" among

This book and I . . . disagreed. I tend to dislike fantasy books whose language is flowery, whose characters are coarse and papery, and whose plots are obviously constructions of the authors to be used with appropriately puppet-like characters. But my friend liked this story, so I said I'd read it. :) I don't understand how this stuff got popular. Not at all. I read some of it out loud to a discerning friend of mine, sometimes in disbelief and unable to stop from laughing, and to this day we

I have this feeling that my luck is none too good. This sword here at my side dont act the way it should. Keeps calling me its master, but I feel like its slave.Hauling me faster and faster to an early, early grave.And it howls! It howls like hell! "Black Blade" by Blue Öyster Cult, lyrics by Michael MoorcockHow many authors do you know who gets to write lyrics for a song based on his book to be record by a legendary metal band? Elric has to be just about the coolest most bad ass mofo in the

This was a very charming book in its own morbid way. Elric is the singularly badass Emperor of Melniboné--a debauched, weird island nation that used to be a sprawling, powerful empire. Apparently it's considered completely uncool to be anything but self-possessed, icy and callous on Melniboné but Elric seems to be of a different stock than most of his pale kin--a bit more introspective and even moralistic. This alone presents him with several problems, and compounding things is his cousin

I picked this for my reading challenge and I was not disappointed, but rather pissed at myself that I was putting it away for so long. I was surprised how fresh it felt, considering that Elric was born somewhere between years 1960 and 1970. Quite a fast paced story, rather short and not overly detailed, it takes us into the decadent and violent land of Melniboné, where sorcerers live side by side with dragons and demons of higher and lower planes. Melnibonéans drown their days in cruel rituals

This is the first book of a classic fantasy series with an iconic anti-hero. From what I understand the author tried to create something different from The Lord of the Rings; at the time this book was published the majority of fantasy genre consisted of The Lord of the Rings clones. Considering that the series now has a status of genre classics, the author succeeded. The main hero Elric is an albino who happened to be the Emperor of Melniboné and who must use potions to maintain his strength. He

A sickly emperor with a demon possessed sword14 April 2011 This was one of the earlier fantasy books that does not fall into what I consider the fantasy genre I term as 'Lord of the Rings wannabe's'. Elric is not a hero nor is he on a quest to save the world. In fact, while not going out of his way to destroy the world, the character of Elric would be more at home as a villain than as the central character of a fantasy series. But this is what Elric is, and these stories, originally published as

0 comments:

Post a Comment