Tuesday, June 30, 2020

Books Download Cast in Shadow (Chronicles of Elantra #1) Free

Books Download Cast in Shadow (Chronicles of Elantra #1) Free
Cast in Shadow (Chronicles of Elantra #1) Mass Market Paperback | Pages: 507 pages
Rating: 3.79 | 15898 Users | 984 Reviews

Point Regarding Books Cast in Shadow (Chronicles of Elantra #1)

Title:Cast in Shadow (Chronicles of Elantra #1)
Author:Michelle Sagara
Book Format:Mass Market Paperback
Book Edition:First Edition
Pages:Pages: 507 pages
Published:July 1st 2005 by Luna
Categories:Fantasy. Urban Fantasy. Magic. Dragons. Paranormal. Fiction

Representaion Supposing Books Cast in Shadow (Chronicles of Elantra #1)

Seven years ago Kaylin fled the crime-riddled streets of Nightshade, knowing that something was after her. Children were being murdered — and all had the same odd markings that mysteriously appeared on her own skin...

Since then, she's learned to read, she's learned to fight and she's become one of the vaunted Hawks who patrol and police the City of Elantra. Alongside the winged Aerians and immortal Barrani, she's made a place for herself, far from the mean streets of her birth.

But children are once again dying, and a dark and familiar pattern is emerging, Kaylin is ordered back into Nightshade with a partner she knows she can't trust, a Dragon lord for a companion and a device to contain her powers — powers that no other human has. Her task is simple — find the killer, stop the murders... and survive the attentions of those who claim to be her allies!

Declare Books As Cast in Shadow (Chronicles of Elantra #1)

Original Title: Cast in Shadow
ISBN: 0373802544 (ISBN13: 9780373802548)
Edition Language: English URL http://michellesagara.com/books/cast-in-shadow/
Series: Chronicles of Elantra #1
Characters: Kaylin Neya, Severn, Tiamaris, Lord Nightshade

Rating Regarding Books Cast in Shadow (Chronicles of Elantra #1)
Ratings: 3.79 From 15898 Users | 984 Reviews

Judgment Regarding Books Cast in Shadow (Chronicles of Elantra #1)
I must be picky or something, because while I thought the ideas behind this were worth exploring, the execution left me wondering whether an editor had got within a mile of the manuscript. There is something distinctly fannish in nature about the words on the page, something that says "I learned how to write solely through my friends on the Internet," and while that's not wrong (I learned a fair bit that way myself), that needs tempering with a healthy dose of "This is how we do it for pay."The

Cast in Shadow is the first in a series (9 books so far) that Ive been waiting to start for a long, long time. I still dont know how long the series is going to be, but I figured there are enough books out that I could get started and see if the wait has been worth it, and oh yes it has. I'm going to have to pace myself on this one so I don't have to play the waiting game for too long. It is a High Fantasy, but with a definite Urban Fantasy feel. It takes place in a single city, with several

98 pages in, I was wondering how I had convinced myself to read as far as I did. At least 3 times during the course of reading this, I checked to make sure that this was the first book in the series. Something just felt really incomplete about it, as if I were starting the story in the middle and didn't have all the information I needed for everything to make sense. If I were an editor, I would have required the author to have a prologue which shows us what happened to Kaylin 7 years ago and

One step above painful. The plot had great promise. I have no idea what the author was writing. It was unbelievably tangential, convoluted in the extreme, and confusing. The analogies were quite often meaningless. I read passages over and over. All I could do was shake my head and move on. Large portions of dialogue would take place in which you could not determine who was speaking. And it seemed at the end of the book most of the players had already really known what was going on the whole

Update:I just bought the audiobook and the narrator pronounces it differently.... my life is a river of disappointment----------------------------Like 75% of the reason I added this to my TBR is because the MC's name is Kaylin.

9 April 2020: $1.99 on KindleFull disclosure: I only made it through 48% of this book.ETA: Anyone that wants to spoil me on all things Lord Nightshade, please do - I'm so incredibly curious about him, but I just can't force myself through anymore of the book in order to get such small moments/knowledge of him.ETA2: Or if there's a book that I should pick up later in the series where things start to become more smoothly written and I can skip the first-(several)-book(s)-syndrome....I've been

The story was interesting enough but was often confusing. I didn't like that several times something would happen and, at the end of the scene, you wonder why the author just wasted your time with that. Much, much later you realize what she was trying to establish with the scene, but I really would have liked it if the author had made the point of the scene clearer at the time it occurred. Also, the author attempts to create a mystery (as if there wasn't enough) by withholding from the reader

0 comments:

Post a Comment