Saturday, June 27, 2020

Books Free Lord John and the Private Matter (Lord John Grey #1) Download

Define Epithetical Books Lord John and the Private Matter (Lord John Grey #1)

Title:Lord John and the Private Matter (Lord John Grey #1)
Author:Diana Gabaldon
Book Format:Mass Market Paperback
Book Edition:Deluxe Edition
Pages:Pages: 368 pages
Published:October 4th 2005 by Seal (first published September 30th 2003)
Categories:Historical. Historical Fiction. Fiction. Mystery. Fantasy
Books Free Lord John and the Private Matter (Lord John Grey #1) Download
Lord John and the Private Matter (Lord John Grey #1) Mass Market Paperback | Pages: 368 pages
Rating: 3.7 | 38937 Users | 1775 Reviews

Description To Books Lord John and the Private Matter (Lord John Grey #1)


In her New York Times bestselling Outlander novels, Diana Gabaldon introduced millions of readers to a dazzling world of history and adventure — a world of vibrant settings and utterly unforgettable characters. Now one of these characters, Major Lord John Grey, opens the door to his own part of this world — eighteenth-century London, a seething anthill of nobility and rabble peopled by soldiers and spies, whores and dukes. Great Britain is battling France for supremacy on three continents — and life is good for a soldier.

The year is 1757. On a clear morning in mid-June, Lord John Grey emerges from London’s Beefsteak Club, his mind in turmoil. A nobleman and a high-ranking officer in His Majesty’s Army, Grey has just witnessed something shocking. But his efforts to avoid a scandal that might destroy his family are interrupted by something still more urgent: the Crown appoints him to investigate the brutal murder of a comrade in arms, who may have been a traitor.

Obliged to pursue two inquiries at once, Major Grey finds himself ensnared in a web of treachery and betrayal that touches every stratum of English society — and threatens all he holds dear. From the bawdy houses of London’s night-world to the stately drawing rooms of the nobility, and from the blood of a murdered corpse to the thundering seas ruled by the majestic fleet of the East India Company, Lord John pursues the elusive trails of a vanishing footman and a woman in green velvet, who may hold the key to everything — or nothing.

The early days of the Seven Years War come brilliantly to life in this historical mystery by an author whose unique and compelling storytelling has engrossed millions of readers worldwide.

Declare Books Conducive To Lord John and the Private Matter (Lord John Grey #1)

Original Title: Lord John and the Private Matter
ISBN: 0770429459 (ISBN13: 9780770429454)
Edition Language: English
Series: Lord John Grey #1
Characters: Lord John Grey
Setting: London, England,1757(United Kingdom)


Rating Epithetical Books Lord John and the Private Matter (Lord John Grey #1)
Ratings: 3.7 From 38937 Users | 1775 Reviews

Criticize Epithetical Books Lord John and the Private Matter (Lord John Grey #1)
I never would have picked this book up except that I am starved - starved, I say! - for English-language books here in Japan, and because I am so desperate for reading material, I will now read pretty much anything I can find that looks vaguely interesting, especially if it's cheap. This was on the ¥500 yen table at Tower Records, and looked like it was maybe not as crap as everything else offered for the same price. So I picked it up even though I have, like, negative interest in reading the

*Sigh*I can't. I got about 60 pages in, but I just don't want to read any more. I'm bored of this story and it's nothing to do with the book. Gabaldon is one of my favourite authors, I love her Outlander series, but Lord John as a character isn't my favourite, and this sort of mystery genre just isn't for me. I am going to keep all the books in this series though, so that in a couple of years when I reread the Outlander Books, I will hopefully decide to try again, so maybe I'll enjoy them. But

Nearing the end of my Outlander journey I realised, as I started An Echo in The Bone (#7) that there where things (and characters) alluded to within the first chapter that I was completely in the dark about. With trepidation I remembered warnings and a general consensus by other Outlander readers/fans that I should read The Lord John books before I reached this point but, honestly? I thought I'd be able to 'wing' it; I was wrong. With a screeching halt I had to temporarily abandon my love affair

After reading the first 3 books in Diana Gabaldon's Outlander series (Outlander, Dragonfly in Amber, and Voyager), this first book in the Lord John Grey series really did not meet my expectations. I'd actually give this closer to 2.5 stars if I could. It really didn't have the action and drama that I was expecting...very anticlimactic. The plot of the story is interesting - Lord John Grey, by order of the Crown, is investigating the murder of a member of his regiment thought to be a traitor - a

Very quickly:this was a good book (kind of?), but booooring. I like the writing and the research is incredibly well done, with no historical info dumping, but there was one issue that I just could not get past.I read books for the plot, obviously, but just as much, if not more, for the characters. Here, we don't get to know anything about Lord John. Anything. The focus is on the plot, with a generous helping of colorful side characters, but basically all I feel now that I'm done with the book is

The Lord John books are a spin-off from the Outlander series and, based purely on this one, I'm pretty sure I'm going to enjoy them more than I'm enjoying the parent series.Lord John, a major in the British armed forces, is called upon to play detective in this novel and the result is a witty romp that's lots of fun with plenty of twists and turns.There are a couple of references to the Outlander books in this one, but I don't think you'd be missing much if you haven't read them as this story is

Like many other "Outlander" fans, I've been reluctant to even attempt to read this second Gabaldon series which centers on a secondary gay character first introduced in "Dragonfly in Amber." I was discouraged not only by the average Goodreads rating of 3.35, but by the sheer memory of THE homosexual encounter in "Outlander." I simply didn't feel like going through the same pain and suffering again. But then the 7th book came out ("An Echo in the Bone") and everybody was saying that you had to

0 comments:

Post a Comment