Thursday, June 25, 2020

Free Books Velvet Elvis: Repainting the Christian Faith Online

Describe Books During Velvet Elvis: Repainting the Christian Faith

Original Title: Velvet Elvis: Repainting the Christian Faith
ISBN: 031026345X (ISBN13: 9780310263456)
Edition Language: English
Free Books Velvet Elvis: Repainting the Christian Faith  Online
Velvet Elvis: Repainting the Christian Faith Hardcover | Pages: 194 pages
Rating: 3.78 | 22028 Users | 1067 Reviews

Commentary To Books Velvet Elvis: Repainting the Christian Faith

In Velvet Elvis, Rob Bell frees us to consider God beyond the picture someone else painted for us in order to find an authentic understanding of the Christian faith. God doesn't have boundaries, and faith doesn't have to be limited to what someone else has told us. God is alive. Faith is alive. Velvet Elvis helps us find our faith. And even if it doesn't, it encourages us to keep looking. Faith doesn't end with this book. But it just might begin...

Define Based On Books Velvet Elvis: Repainting the Christian Faith

Title:Velvet Elvis: Repainting the Christian Faith
Author:Rob Bell
Book Format:Hardcover
Book Edition:Special Edition
Pages:Pages: 194 pages
Published:July 31st 2005 by Zondervan Publishing Company (first published January 1st 2005)
Categories:Christian. Nonfiction. Religion. Theology. Christianity. Spirituality. Faith

Rating Based On Books Velvet Elvis: Repainting the Christian Faith
Ratings: 3.78 From 22028 Users | 1067 Reviews

Crit Based On Books Velvet Elvis: Repainting the Christian Faith
I liked this book more than I expected. If I had read it years ago before knowing the direction Rob Bell has taken since he wrote this, I might have liked it a lot more. But because I have read some of his recent books, I couldn't help but 'fill in' some of his characteristic silences, pauses and rhetorical questions with the answers he has more recently provided.Overall: Rob Bell asks helpful, uncomfortable questions of the church establishment. It's his answers that aren't that helpful. He

I think this book has tremendously helpful applications. There are so many challenges that are expressed through the genuine reflection of the current state of Christianity. The challenge to think deeply and to ask questions about what Christianity is and what it means. These are helpful bits of advice. There are great nuggets of wisdom that challenge people to read the Bible with the understanding that the events themselves really did happen. They are real stories about real people in real

Recently, I've been doing a lot of writing concerning my own beliefs and faith practices. It tends to come up occasionally amongst my group of friends, as I'm one of only a few (if any?) practicing Christians, and I tend to think a lot about faith issues generally because my church tends to be very thought-provoking and inspiring. About a month ago, I emailed one of my writings to my pastor, almost half-expecting him to call me a nutter and suggest I not return. Instead, he said "Read this book,

The title of this book is drawn from an illustration that Rob Bell uses to explain the purpose of his book. In his basement he has a velvet painting of Elvis Presley. Bell uses the painting as an illustration for the book's subtitle: "Repainting the Christian Faith." What if the artist who created that painting had said it was the ultimate painting and no more paintings could be done by anyone? Art is not meant to be "frozen"; neither is the Christian faith. There is nothing wrong with the

1) I really like Bell's enthusiasm and passion for helping people break out of a religious system that many times can be boring and basically anything but alive. Sometimes I think that I myself am far too intertwined with this system which, although good in many ways, is still man-made.2) Bell's call to "test it. Probe it." is good advice. I have the awful tendency to read books, accepting most everything that I read as long as I trust the author or person who recommended the book to me.3) I

Questionable theology abounds in a most cringe-worthy of reads. And I really wanted to like this. But no, Rob Bell, just no!

This book was everything I feared it would be. I trust "emerging" Christianity about as much as previous iterations (boomers, mega churches, the religious right, etc)...which is to say, not much.Bell sounds just like every other emerging guy out there...interpreting the bible for himself based on personal experience, passion, and liberal use of unsubstantiated metaphor, rather than solid education, classical study, and reverence for the seriousness of the topic. I think on many issues, he has

0 comments:

Post a Comment