Saturday, July 18, 2020

Download Books The Moon's a Balloon For Free

Particularize Books Concering The Moon's a Balloon

Original Title: The Moon's a Balloon
ISBN: 0140239243 (ISBN13: 9780140239249)
Edition Language: English
Characters: David Niven
Download Books The Moon's a Balloon  For Free
The Moon's a Balloon Paperback | Pages: 327 pages
Rating: 4.16 | 5170 Users | 261 Reviews

Interpretation As Books The Moon's a Balloon

One of the bestselling memoirs of all time, David Niven's The Moon's a Balloon is an account of one of the most remarkable lives Hollywood has ever seen.

Beginning with the tragic early loss of his aristocratic father, then regaling us with tales of school, army and wartime hi-jinx, Niven shows how, even as an unknown young man, he knew how to live the good life.

But it is his astonishing stories of life in Hollywood and his accounts of working and partying with the legends of the silver screen - Lawrence Oliver, Vivien Leigh, Cary Grant, Elizabeth Taylor, James Stewart, Lauren Bacall, Marlene Dietrich, Noel Coward and dozens of others, while making some of the most acclaimed films of the last century - which turn David Niven's memoir into an outright masterpiece.

An intimate, gossipy, heartfelt and above all charming account of life inside Hollywood's dream factory, The Moon is a Balloon is a classic to be read and enjoyed time and again..

Details Based On Books The Moon's a Balloon

Title:The Moon's a Balloon
Author:David Niven
Book Format:Paperback
Book Edition:Special Edition
Pages:Pages: 327 pages
Published:October 27th 1994 by Penguin (first published 1971)
Categories:Biography. Nonfiction. Autobiography. Memoir. Humor. Biography Memoir

Rating Based On Books The Moon's a Balloon
Ratings: 4.16 From 5170 Users | 261 Reviews

Crit Based On Books The Moon's a Balloon
An amusing memoir of the first half of David Niven's life. However, there is WAY too much military stuff, that I admit I really really quickly skimmed through. Also, one gets the sense that behind the gentlemanly air and self-deprecating humor, David Niven was not a nice person, with little respect for women and definitely someone who used others to rise to the top. Articles I've read about him since his death seem to confirm this.I've also found his second book, "Bring on the Empty Horses,"

Niven pretty much presents himself as an R-rated Beano character, and this collection of scrapes and practical jokes would arguably be better off in 'annual' format. I found the first half of the book, which deals with his schooling and the military, good fun. But the second half is a cavalcade of movie stars I know nothing about - I barely know who David Niven is, to be honest - so I lost interest. I expect if you have seen more than three films made before 1970 you will have a different

More than anything, David Niven reminds me of my grandfather. The same cultured voice (although my Papa had a combination of Received Pronunciation and whatever its Kiwi equivalent is, versus Nivens UK Public School accent), the same approximate age, the impeccable grooming and, most importantly, the fact that he was a raconteur of the first order.I also remember seeing this book, and Nivens later memoir Bring On the Empty Horses , on my grandfathers bookshelves as a child.Without doubt, Nivens

C1971: I have always felt that this is the best Hollywood autobiography. It helped that I always liked David Niven in films and the relatively early days of cinema are so interesting. However, his early life and career during the Second World War were, dare I say it, even more captivating. I am certain that, as with everyones memories, there were a few less than accurate details due to his reputation as being a raconteur of note. This is a laugh out loud funny book! I have re-read this book on

Very interesting biography from one of the great actors of the Hollywood Contract system. I always enjoyed David Niven in the movies, particularly The Pink Panther, the Guns of Navarone, and Around the World in Eighty Days. His characters were always so suave and debonair.What I did not realize was that he was in the British Army, specifically the Highland Light Infantry. It was to be his career. I was a third into the book wondering how in heaven's name he was going to end up in Hollywood as an

This is one of those books that I had been meaning to read for years, especially after a trusted recommendation, but I was only a kind-of-fan of David Niven on screen. Then I saw him a week or so ago in Bluebeard's 8th Wife in a very funny supporting role to Gary Cooper and Claudette Colbert, and fell a little in love with him. Once I had got over the surprise at the rather fruity language and schoolboy humour of the book, I settled into a quick and entertaining read. Most of the book

Possibly the best autobiography I have ever read and I have read many.It is surprising really as I am not a fan of David Niven and did not know a great deal about him prior to reading this book.It is very funny at times and the book flows like it was written by a seasoned writer.

0 comments:

Post a Comment