Thursday, June 25, 2020

Books Download Niccolò Rising (The House of Niccolò #1) Free

Mention Books In Pursuance Of Niccolò Rising (The House of Niccolò #1)

Original Title: Niccolo Rising
ISBN: 0375704779 (ISBN13: 9780375704772)
Edition Language: English
Series: The House of Niccolò #1
Setting: Bruges,1460
Books Download Niccolò Rising (The House of Niccolò #1) Free
Niccolò Rising (The House of Niccolò #1) Paperback | Pages: 470 pages
Rating: 4.26 | 3789 Users | 315 Reviews

Itemize Based On Books Niccolò Rising (The House of Niccolò #1)

Title:Niccolò Rising (The House of Niccolò #1)
Author:Dorothy Dunnett
Book Format:Paperback
Book Edition:Special Edition
Pages:Pages: 470 pages
Published:March 30th 1999 by Vintage (first published 1986)
Categories:Historical. Historical Fiction. Fiction. Cultural. Italy. Adventure

Rendition Concering Books Niccolò Rising (The House of Niccolò #1)

With the bravura storytelling and pungent authenticity of detail she brought to her acclaimed Lymond Chronicles, Dorothy Dunnett, grande dame of the historical novel, presents The House of Niccolò series. The time is the 15th century, when intrepid merchants became the new knighthood of Europe. Among them, none is bolder or more cunning than Nicholas vander Poele of Bruges, the good-natured dyer's apprentice who schemes and swashbuckles his way to the helm of a mercantile empire.
     Niccolò Rising, Book One of the series, finds us in Bruges, 1460. Jousting is the genteel pastime, and successful merchants are, of necessity, polyglot. Street smart, brilliant at figures, adept at the subtleties of diplomacy and the well-timed untruth, Dunnett's hero rises from wastrel to prodigy in a breathless adventure that wins him the hand of the strongest woman in Bruges and the hatred of two powerful enemies. From a riotous and potentially murderous carnival in Flanders, to an avalanche in the Alps and a pitched battle on the outskirts of Naples, Niccolò Rising combines history, adventure, and high romance in the tradition stretching from Alexandre Dumas to Mary Renault.

Rating Based On Books Niccolò Rising (The House of Niccolò #1)
Ratings: 4.26 From 3789 Users | 315 Reviews

Assessment Based On Books Niccolò Rising (The House of Niccolò #1)
If Dunnett's Lymond saga was too difficult for you, you should try the Niccolo series... Same great writing but a little more transparent plots and much fewer foreign language quotes. This series is a must for historical fiction fans!June 2015 rereadI was surprised on this reread by how much of the plot of the entire series is laid out in this first book. I don't mean that there is a lot of hidden foreshadowing but almost all the main characters were introduced and the stage was set. I enjoyed

ETA: No, I cannot do it. I cannot give a book two stars if it is so bad I cannot finish it! *********************************I tried to read this book once before, and I gave up. Now several friends are reading this and so I thought it might be worth another try. I failed again. This time I read through 12 chapters. What is wrong? What didnt I like? There are so many people; I have difficulty keeping them all straight. Sure I get the main gist of what is happening, but the details are too

Niccolo RisingGoing on my second read of "The House of Niccolo". I am enjoying the story even more this time around. I read the Lymond Chronicals twice before I picked up this series. Thinking nothing could be better than the story of Lymond, I was amazed how the "House of Niccolo" series is just as surprising with characters that are insanely intelligent, funny and secretive.When we meet Niccolo his name is Claes (short for Nicholas), an apprentice dyer. From the very beginning like a chess

This is the second series written by Dorothy Dunnett, and is placed in Antwerp in the 16th century. Although it is about many things, the main focus is on the rise of the textile industry and trade and much of the book involves the search for alum, which was used to bind color. There are six books and they take place all over, ranging from Antwerp to Morocco, Egypt, Cyprus and more. As in the Lymond Chronicles, the books are meticulously researched, but also have a wonderful story woven

Niccolo Rising is a work of narrative genius. If you enjoy that sort of thing, and historical fiction, and a taut dense construction, you will put this book down after finishing with a feeling of amazement and admiration for the author. Dorothy Dunnett, the author, has the kind of intelligence and in-depth education many Ph.D. researchers of European history possess, along with the creativity and awareness of respected MFA Writers Workshops graduates. (As a grumpy sideways comment, I dont feel

2019 reread:I kept an eye on certain characters, knowing what I now know from the first time I read this series, but ... I think I might have forgotten most of the plot. Even things I knew were going to happen surprised me.Also it took me almost ten months to finish rereading this. (I've been reading other things too, but huh. That really took forever.)2009:What I learned from this book: I don't know how to pronounce "Bruges". And almost, oh, all the characters' names. This was nothing like the

The hand, heavily ringed, lay curled in the air, as if about to curve it in a greeting. Then M. de Riberac swept it downwards. His palm remained cupped towards him. His outer hand, with its heavy quartz ring, burst its way carefully down Claes cheek, from his eye to his chin, holding its blood-infilled course till the end. Then he drew his wrist back and let it dangle. Below the ring, blood appeared on the floor. Claes is an apprentice to the House of Charetty of Bruges. He is, for all intents

0 comments:

Post a Comment